Friday, March 16, 2012

On Teacher Training Day One

This day was great! I am going to say though, that this is the most taxing day, but not physically. There was a lot of quick thinking and making sure to use your knowledge and execution abilities to teach a mini class based on a movement. It was the single most nerve-wracking experience of my life when I taught in front of Carolena. I am pleased to report that the only thing she said I would need to do is project my voice a little more! I am going to make note here that I am working hard to fight off a touch of a cold that is coming over me, so I'm going to go ahead and chalk the lack of projection up to that.

I am preparing for tomorrow where, at random draw, we will all have to teach two movements to the class. I have Ghawazee Shimmy Combo and Layback. I ain't skeer'd.

On the personal side I am really loving the women I am getting to know and look forward to collaborating with them. One who I really am drawn to is Teresa Tomb, though she isn't taking Teacher Training. We got to dance with one another quite a bit during GS and I really enjoyed it. I loved making eye contact with her when dancing and got really excited each time we danced together. There are others as well who I plan to give highlight about, but I am mentioning Teresa because I sooooo wish she was at Teacher Training with us!

Also on the personal side, I am homesick. I don't know how Mama C and Megha do it. I miss my babies and my Fella and my home and my car and my kitchen and my bed and my cat and my everything so much. I could dance all day everyday with Carolena and Megha and these women if only I could go home every night. I am glad I get to go home on Sunday. I love my life so much.

(I made a French friend today! Thank you readers far and wide! SUBSCRIBE! Also...check me out on Facebook: facebook.com/kamalachaand)

No comments:

Post a Comment