Monday, March 12, 2012

On General Skills Day One

Upon arriving to General Skills this morning we were each given the standard issue ATS(r) box and counter top set. Now I already had one (I never take it off,) so I am just going to pass mine along to a student...

We were also given a bad ass name tag

Can you guess who's employee ID is going on this bad boy?

So today was a pretty easy day, I am calling it Pura light. There was a little more Q&A today though than there was at Pura. Technical stuff, really. It was helpful info. I took a lot of notes and I thought it odd because this was a day of the foundation moves...but we are always learning about this dance aren't we!? Really what I ended up writing down were things regarding muscles. I, much like my Guru, am an anatomy (and biology) nerd, so I was really fascinated with her explanations of the muscle mechanics. To get to watch Carolena explain taxeem whilst staring at her midriff is like no other anatomy lesson.

After lunch Carolena led us in a little dancey dance time while we waited for some late returns. At one point I caught a glimpse of her in the mirror (the host has those little behind the door mirrors set up along some tables for us...) and in the mirror behind her and right next to her was me. I smiled so huge and my heart smiled too. I know this is where I am meant to be and will be doing this for the rest of my life. It was a pretty big personal moment for me.

After some dancing and drilling in formations we had a little sit down and went around the room telling everyone what our ATS lineage is. It was really great to hear about everyone's history and how each of us in connected and ultimately connected to Carolena...She has created an amazing art and I am so blessed to be studying under her and learning directly from her. This certainly will not be the last time, either.

I am expecting that since today was Pura light, tomorrow will be a pretty tough day. Carolena discussed what we are going over tomorrow and it's pretty heavy, but I am super excited because that means more variety in our drilling!

Time to take my box and countertop off for the night and hit the sheets....rest is essential. 

 Sweet Shimmy Dreams....

1 comment:

  1. What is a box and counter top set? I googled it, but all that came up were thiss blog and a lot of pictures of pipes.

    ReplyDelete