Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On GS Day Two

Today was a tough day just as I expected. What I didn't expect, however, was that I would have issues with my R.A. Just after lunch all of my joints decided that they wanted to be on fire. Not a lot of fun when there is an entire afternoon of content to cover.

We covered so much today that my brain is all, oaidhouabvibuavadgsagr. You read that right. Carolena and Megha are so incredibly encouraging though! I love this in that they are showing us the little things that tweak the skill one should already have when they start General Skills. Megha pointed out to me later after the day when I went to chat with her and Carolena that the couple of things she re-positioned for me were because she saw that I can do this dance well but she wants me to do it to my best. I really like that approach with her. I also really like that they correct what you may be doing incorrectly, not just walking around praising everyone for everything. Something is said when correction is needed.

By lunch I was starving and grateful for the time to sit and knit and eat. I am working on my Fella's Yuletide sweater (he was given a swatch at Yule because I am a procrastinating knitter...but now I can at least try it on him as I go...) and I had mentioned to Carolena that I was concerned about the neckline not being big enough but as I am knitting it, the pattern is working and I am becoming happy.... so I showed her that the neck works and then she asked about my cast on! I got to show Carolena how to do a German Twisted Cast-on!

I danced with some pretty wonderful dancers today. I think everyone was really pretty much pooped by the end of the day and really looking forward to resting.

After class was over, I walked over to ask Carolena a personal question regarding pain management during dance. I had a terrible episode with my R.A. today that had me fuzzy in the brain and nearing tears for just about all of the second half of the day. She and Megha shared some great insights and prescribed rest. "get horizontal" was what Megha specifically said in addition to getting clean food into my body. To be able to open up to them like that about my pain (I cried a little) and have them respond so compassionately was really wonderful. They both have been there done that. Carolena reminded me not to let my brain go to the place that says that R.A. is going to take my dance away from me.

Have I mentioned yet that I love this dance and will be doing it for the rest of my life? What is for you will not pass you by.....



Edit to add: I have noticed a lot of readers recently! Welcome.... you should subscribe!Also, welcome to those who have subscribed recently! I am glad you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment